Event Review 2021
- RESULTS – View Here
- PHOTOS –
- EVENT REVIEW STORY- Read Here
AUSTRALIA’S LARGEST OFF-ROAD TRIATHLON IS BACK FOR 2021 – 10-11 April 2021
X-Adventure Dunsborough is the ultimate mix of triathlon and adventure racing; featuring ocean swimming, trail running and mountain bike riding conducted in a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for everyone.
After being cancelled in 2020 due to COVID-19, it’s time to step up to the challenge by racing solo or team up with your friends to be part of the fun of X-Adventure!
The event takes place in the pristine wilderness surrounding Dunsborough with a crystal clear water swim, stunning granite coastline run and wildflower hinterland mountain bike.
Come and race through paradise!
- WHEN: Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th April, 2021
- WHAT: An epic adventure triathlon in paradise with Long Course, Short Course, Aquathlon (swim/run) and 2 kids races.
- WHERE: Dunsborough, WA – one of the finest race venues in the world and a favourite weekend escape destination
- WHO: Individuals and relay teams, of all ages and levels (right down to 4yo’s!). 1,500 competitors annually take part in this event.
- ENTRIES: 2021 ENTIES ARE OPEN
- FEES: Click Here for Entry Info and Fees
“Such a great event. It was my first triatlon and very memorable.” Fiona Crowe, 2018 participant.
A race for all ages and levels
- Long Course X-Adventure: 1500m ocean swim / 12km coast trail run / 20km mountain bike
- WA State Championships | ITU World Championships Qualifying Event
- Short Course X-Adventure: 750m ocean swim / 6km coast trail run / 11km mountain bike
- Kids X-Adventure: 200m swim / 2.5km trail run / 4km mountain bike
- Groms X-Adventure: 800m trail run / 1200m mountain bike (no swim)
- Aquathlon-X: 1000m ocean swim / 5km trail run
“We love X-Adventure! Such an adventure! The most fun all year and the kids take it very seriously and train hard”. Tanika, 2019 participant
The location and course
X-Adventure is an event that will go straight to the memory bank as not only an awesome challenge, but also for the sheer beauty of the landscapes you race through.
Dunsborough on beautiful Geographe Bay, WA, is renowned for its stunning coastal trails, beautiful blue water and awe-inspiring scenery, and that’s why it’s the chosen spot for this spectacular off-road triathlon.
You’ll swim through the turquoise waters of one of Western Australia’s best beaches, run along a sculpted granite coastline interspersed with golden sand, and get to enjoy the roller coaster single track through fields of wildflowers and native grasstrees on your mountain bike.
“The course is amazing – a great swim, rock hopping along the coast, able to pick up a bit of speed on the trail run on the way back and then the mountain bike course just speaks for itself – it’s a mountain bikers dream with heaps of single track and twists and turns. I was smiling the whole way!” Ben Allen, X-Adventure Dunsborough Long Course Winner 2014 and 2015
2019 REVIEW (2020 – no event due to COVID-19)
Thank you to all those wild adventurers who participated or watched-on for X-Adventure 2019! Check out the Facebook galleries: