This page contains information for competitors regarding race day:
- Race Location
- Registration (race kit collection)
- Competitor Briefings
- Race Starts
- Transition Areas
- Dunsborough Country Club
The race operations are centred around 2 different locations, approx. 700m apart (easy walking distance).
Event expo, registration, T2 and finish line
The event centre will be located on the 18th fairway on the Dunsborough Country Club. This is immediately adjacent the Country Club buildings and lawn bowls area (closer to the start and closer to the Country Club’s cafe, toilets and showers.)
Race start and T1
The START for the Long course, Short course and Kids’ X-Adventure races, and the Aquathlon-X will be at the Old Dunsborough Boat Ramp, at the end of Bay View Crescent.
All participants must have their registration kit prior to race start. Competitors do not necessarily need to collect their own registration kit in person – friends, team mates and family members can collect your items on your behalf.
Event Registration Marquee: located in the event expo on the 18th fairway at the Dunsborough Country Club.
Registration Kit Collection times:
All Races (excluding Groms) kit collection – Friday 5.00pm – 7:00pm
- Groms X-Adventure kit collection – Saturday 2:40pm – 4.00pm
- Kids X-Adventure race kit collection – Saturday 12:00pm – 2:30pm
- Short course X-Adventure race kit collection – Saturday 8:00am – 10:30am
- Long course X-Adventure race kit collection – Saturday 2:40pm – 5:30pm AND Sunday 6:30am – 7:00am (by prior appointment only)
- Aquathlon-X race kit collection – Saturday 2:40pm – 5:30pm AND Sunday 6:30am – 7:00am (by prior appointment only)
A short competitor briefing will be held 10 minutes before the start of each race. This briefing will be at the start line and consist of essential, last minute information only. Ensure you have thoroughly read the event program prior to event weekend!
Location: just a short 500m walk from the Dunsborough Country Club (end of Finlayson Street)
Long Course and Short Course, plus Aquathlon-X swim starts:
- Single mass start for all competitors in deep water
- This will be a deep water start, with a 60m wide start line to allow space for all swimmers
- The deep water start will be located just off from the Old Dunsborough boat ramp at the end of Finlayson Street
Kids X-Adventure race starts:
- 3 wave starts for kids of different ages, held at approx 6 min. intervals i.e. 2.40pm, 2.46pm, 2.52pm
- Starting adjacent to the Old Dunsborough boat ramp at the end of Finlayson Street. The entire swim will be inside the shark proof beach enclosure.
Groms’ X-Adventure race start:
- Adjacent the transition area in the Dunsborough Country Club
The following requirements apply to all transition areas (TA) and constitute part of the event rules:
- For teams: Only the team mate in the immediate next leg is permitted to wait inside the TA – other team mates and support crews must wait outside the fenced off enclosure. This will be strictly enforced.
- For teams: The immediate next team mate must wait inside the fenced off transition area and must exchange the timing chip next to your equipment. Please do not crowd around the entry to the TA but leave space for other competitors.
- For teams and individuals: No external support may be provided to competitors inside the fenced off TA enclosure (or out on the course). Support crews can only enter a TA to drop off equipment for their competitor but must leave the TA immediately after doing so.
Transition opening times
Opening and closing times of each TA are listed below. Please be advised that any equipment left in the TA outside these times is left at the owner’s risk. Please also note that T1 in particular is in a public location and we encourage you to be cautious about leaving your equipment unattended.
Saturday 2 April
- 8:30am Transition areas open for equipment drop off (short course only)
- 2:00pm All short course competitors to have collected their equipment by now
- 2:00pm Transition areas open for equipment drop off (kids course only)
- 4:00pm All kids course competitors to have collected their equipment by now
- 4:15pm Transition areas open for equipment drop off (groms course only)
- 6:00pm All equipment to have been removed from the transition areas
Sunday 3 April
- 6:00am Transition areas open for equipment drop off (long course only)
- 9:00am Transition area open for Aquathlon equipment drop off
- 1:30pm All equipment to have been removed from the transition areas
The following event components are located at the Dunsborough Country Club on the 18th fairway in the Event Expo :
- Race administration and registration
- Food, beverages and the event bar
- Kids’ entertainment
- Sponsors stands
- MC and Live Race Updates
- Race finish line and Transition 2
- Event parking
Read more on the Event Expo page.